Monday, July 20, 2009

Start of a new week

Even though I haven't been posting my walking distances doesn't mean that I haven't been faithful to my routine. I have been doing at least 2 and half miles 5 days a week down from 3.1 miles. The distance reduction has been due to the extreme heat we've had here in central Texas and I expect to go back up to my usual when the days are cooler. Had another bummer when Lance Armstrong didn't pick up time on the first Alpine leg of the tour. True he is second, but a distant second. Guess you can't do at 37 what you did at 34...but I think the 3 year lay off had more to do with it than his age. Don't know if I'll watch it as much this last week since he's all but conceded the race to one of his teams other riders. Concerning Tom Watson's loss at the British open I think the sports casters are not being fair to Stewart Cink who beat Watson when they said he stole the tournament from him. He played better, therefore he won. Also Tom Watson is gentleman he's reported to be as his "I don't give a damn about Tiger Woods" statement reveals. Well, I don't give a damn about Tom Watson. Meanwhile there are other more serious things to think about like the fight for health care, which everyone deserves to have, not just the rich. And there is a young soldier being held captive who might lose his life and whose life or death plight is getting less air time than Michael Jackson's death. The entertainment news service these days only goes for ratings and not for the facts or truth in the stories but their opinions on the stories. It's a shame too because good, honest, reporting would be appreciated. Now for my pet peeve of the day. I'm often appalled by reading some of the comments by so called 'normal people' on stories found on websites. These people are mean spirited and downright hateful and they can't spell for taffy. It's scary and while there are times I would like to comment I don't because I don't want to get in an argument with some nut. But then again that's just my opinion. ;-)

1 comment:

Harriet said...

One thing about sites like facebook: I am exposed to the type of folks that the Limbaughs of the world actually appeal to.