Saturday, July 25, 2009

July flying by

July is almost over and I'm hoping August will go by just as fast so we can escape the relentless heat of this summer. Lake Travis is 30 feet below it's capacity and three cars and one motorcycle have been found and pulled from the lake floor. The Perdenales River is dry and boat houses lie on sandy bottom of the river they once floated on. I know we're in a bad drought but the thousands of homes and commercial buildings built around the Highland lake and river areas have helped speed up the draining of the once beautiful waters of that area. Leave it to the human race to devour all the natural resources they can before abandoning them to move on and decimate another area. I'm sort of glad to see the people who rape the countryside lose value on their hideous Mac Mansions and would be gleeful if not for the devastation left in their wake. Not having any money to contribute to the green organizations that fight the developers I do what I can by signing petitions, writing letters to politicians, recycling, and picking up trash when I take my walks. I've not done as well on my walks this week due to allergies to the high mold or a head cold. So far I don't' know which one it is, only that it's annoying not to feel good. Enjoyed the Tour de France. Lance will the third on the podium which is not bad for a 37 year old man who has been away from competitive cycling for 4 seasons. Great job Lance!

No comments: