Sunday, July 12, 2009

Social networking and other mussings


It's becoming quite a task to keep up these days with friends and family what with all the avenues now available to anyone and everyone. Now you can be followed or completely ignored by people you know or don't know on venues such as Twitter, Blog Sites, or personal web pages just to name a few. The way I handle it is to be more of a lurker than a contributor. Right now on Twitter I'm following Lance Armstrong as he rides in the Tour du France and Eddie Izzard when he does anything because he makes me laugh. Oh, and I follow Evie too. :-) On Facebook and by reading personal blogs, I keep up with my brother, children, grandchildren, and friends. I express my thoughts on my own blog when the spirit moves me and my creative endeavours on my personal web page when my artistic juices move me. I write (although not much as of late) poems and stories, and paint pictures because I enjoy doing it. I don't know why I focus on landscapes because I'm not much of a traveler but then again I travel in my minds eye so I don't have to do it physically. Besides, no real place could be as idyllic for me as the places I create so why should I go to the trouble of looking for them? It might mean something, or not, that my landscapes have homes, barns, etc..but no people. Does that mean I'm anti-social or that I just like to be away from the craziness that goes on around us in our ever changing world? Who knows, I certainly don't. ;-)Hopefully people will like the fruits of my artistic labors but if they don't then that's okay. The picture posted is of 'my studio'. Not a big space but I get good light and for me the art of painting is all about light and shadows. Hum..I got off the subject of social networking didn't I? Oh well, it's kind of scary but that's how my real conversations go, all over the place! Have a good day and stay safe and find a way to express yourself. You'll feel better for it. :-)

No comments: