Saturday, November 22, 2008

This and that on Saturday

Walking stats: It's been cooler for most of the week even getting into the high 30's during the wee hours of the morning. I find it much nicer to walk in weather like this and calmer too since you don't see many people out and about. Austinites are spoiled by having warm and sunny weather most of the year and wimp out at the slightest dip in temperatures. 11-16-08 to 11-22-08 None, 3.136, 3.501, 3.456, 3.581, 3.014, none. On Tuesday my left hip was really sore and I had to take some Naproxen to calm it down. Don't know why because I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I have been using my walking stick to do waist twists and bends and have been doing some knee lifts as well. I've also been jogging in fits and starts to hopefully speed up my metabolism.
We've been following the gathering of Pres-Elect Obama's cabinet and it looks like he'll have a variety indeed. All smart people so far have been put forth. Seems some left leaning Dems are angry over the Lieberman thing but watching the news conference I think Lieberman has sold what's left of his soul to hang on to his posts. I don't think for a minute that Obama kept him in the fold out of kindness in his heart. As for the Stevens tribute- bah humbug. Let the old loser go home and kill turkeys with SP.
No Longhorns or Bama playing today but Frank is interested in a couple of the games like Texas Tech and Oklahoma and the Penn State and Michigan game.
Still haven't got the complete hang of posting photos on here but at least I'm getting them posted. :-)
1. White cranes and ducks gathered for a pow-wow on Town Lake 2. Roses blooming in late November in Austin, these are at the entrance of the State School for the Deaf 3. Elvis display at the Eldorado in Shreveport. They had another similar one that I took a photo of last year.


























No comments: