Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm constant in my procrastination

Haven't posted in a couple of weeks so here goes my stats. It's been a crazy two weeks. 9-14-thru 9-27. No walk, no walk., almost did five miles 4.985, did do 5 miles 5.001. Boy did my old hips pay for it because both sides were sore, sore, sore. The mornings have been cooler though so it's made walking not so yucky. Backed off the distance a bit and did 3.080, 3.117, 3.578. Then I got sick with a cold or 48 hour virus or something and I have the fever blisters to prove it! No walk on Sunday, none on Monday, no walk on Tuesday. Started up again on Wednesday and did 3.421, 3.346, 3.359. No walk today.

Did go with Frank on Monday and he had his last BCG treatment. He's scheduled for a visit on December 22 to see how well the treatments went. Since the live bacteria he was injected with is hard on the bladder he has to get several weeks rest in for some healing time.

On the election front I did go pick up some voter registration cards and I carry them with me on the chance I get to sign some people up. I have managed to sign up two people I met at the 'watering hole' at Auditorium Shores. Yea! Oh, and they were young Obama friendly people. I watched most of the Debate last night and thought Obama did well and that McCain looked a bit defensive.
Lots of football games on that we are enjoying but Frank is waiting for Bama and Georgia to come on. He hopes they do as well as Ole Miss and Oregon. :-)
Was sad to hear about Paul Newman passing away. I really did enjoy his movies. I chuckled when I read that one of his best moments was when he learned he had been put on the 'enemies of Nixon' list. Man after my own heart. ;-)

No comments: