Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday catch up

Not my usual routine this week. Frank, Krys, and I got a rare chance to trek to Shreveport for some R&R. We didn't break the bank but we had a good time anyway. Also got to visit with my brother who came for a nice but brief visit to pick up his daughter for her summer trip to his home. While my brother loves Austin I don't think he's used to the heat anymore. It's been in the hundreds or close to it for a couple of months now and strangely with not much rain we have high humidity to further make you feel blah. It makes for good swimming weather though and if you get out early in the morning you can get a nice run or walk in. Kind of embarrassed to say here that my walking routine has been erratic this week but I did get in three days this week. I guess two out of three isn't bad. I'll be back on track come Monday. On Sunday we plan to go out to our son's house for a cookout to celebrate Father's Day. It should be fun.

No comments: