Monday, April 27, 2009

Who knew?

While out on my walk this morning I was approached by a women who said she aways noticed my walking when she took her grandson to school in the morning. She said she would tell her grandson 'there goes the lady with the cane', and he would say 'grandma you always say that'. She said she wanted to meet me and she wished that she was as strong as I appeared to be. We chatted for a few minutes and she told me she used to walk until she fell and hurt her knee and that she will have to have surgery on it. I told her that she should be just as good as new after surgery and would most likely be able to walk like she used to. It was a pleasant surprise and it just goes to show you that you can affect peoples lives without ever being involved in their lives. I'm happy that it appears I affected her in a good way. Glad I got my walk in early this morning because now we're in the middle of some rain storms which are most welcome. I got my 3 miles in.

No comments: