Friday, April 17, 2009

Rain, rain, has come again!

Oh geez, I wrote a bunch of crap and saved it each time but still I lost it all trying to post these stupid pictures. Don't know if I can even remember what I wrote. I did update that I'm still walking and keeping up with my distances on Google Pedometer which I will recommend to anyone who wants to keep track of their walking or running data. It's so easy to use even I can navigate it. It is raining this morning as the title of this entry indicates and it is most welcome. The picture looking out the window on the rainy streets in front of our home was taken with my laptop camera as were the photos of my paintings. Regarding my walking endeavors I had planned on signing up for the Texas Roundup which is next Saturday. I'm not known to be very social but if it's taking part in things like organized walks I can do it because you're not expected to interact with those around you except to stay out of the way of the fast runners and walkers. ;-)I'm not sure I can do this Roundup though because idiot Perry is going to be there and I don't think I can stomach his preening stupid face and still concentrate on the mechanics of getting through the walking course. Ugh. About the paintings. One is just of a lake front with trees and cabin in the distance. It's not yet finished but I'm happy with it so far. The other one is a cartoon like version of a Dia De Los Muertos figure. It also is not complete but I'm not sure if I like it or not. I tend to use bright colors and paint places that I would like to be even though they are just a composite of different areas of the country I have seen or thought I remember seeing. Memory is a funny thing. Some memories I'm not sure are things I actually remember or things that have been described to me by someone else and I just think they are my memories. Okay now I'm getting a little goofy here, must the the rain. ;-)






2 comments:

Harriet said...

Good luck with the roundup and don't worry about Perry ruining things.

At least he is catching holy-h*ll from other Texans.

Evie said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely! I like your DOTD painting. Very vibrant. Oh, I switched carriers and should have DSL by May 1. Oy.