Friday, January 30, 2009

Treadmill 1, Rose 0


Now the problems I've been having are minor when you consider what's going on in the rest of the world but they are annoying...to me anyway. I've been talking about the cedar problem plaguing central Texas that forced me to do my walks indoor where you think it would be safe. Alas this was not the case for me. It's no secret that I abhor using the treadmill because it is boring. The machine must have heard me and decided to extract some vengeance because I fell on the darn thing and got spun off. I was attempting to adjust the elevation of the platform and my feet drifted off to the side putting my right foot half on the sidebar and half on the moving track and this is not a good thing. The little plastic 'key' that's supposed to stop the movement of the track just slipped off the bottom of my t-shirt and didn't work this time. The upshot is that I now have a pair of lightly bruised knees,arm, and a darker bruised ego. Of course I'm blaming the treadmill because this couldn't have happened due to my own clumsiness. ;-) Anyhow that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Walking stats January 26 to January 30, 2009. All but one day was on the evil treadmill. 50 minutes, 53 minutes, 4 rounds around a large store-did about 1 mile and a half, 52 minutes, treadmill, 49 minutes treadmill.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about it.

maybe you can relate?

I am glad that you appear to be ok though.

Matuse said...

I wasn't as graceful as the girl in the video...I looked more like Froggy. ;-)

Evie said...

Ack! Poor Momma! I'll beat that treadmill up. XOXO