Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting better

Wow it seems like ages since I've blogged. The cedar got the better of me and it surely messed with my walking schedule. Some days I just pushed through it but with my eyes watering and so swollen it made it difficult to see clearly and then it got to where I had no energy and finally had to go to the doctor. He gave a cortical (s) steroid shot and some Zyrtec and did my usual lipid blood work since which I was overdue for. Good news is that my cholesterol is 180 and my triglycerides are 107, LDL 92. Didn't get the rest of it but the upshot is that I'm stable and doing okay. The bad news is that I'm kind of housebound with my air filter going until the cedar eases up. Seems I can combat the low to medium readings which are like 50 to 600 grains per cubic meter but when it hits over 4 thousand per cubic meter it's an unfair battle. So here are my stats: Jan. 13-Jan 25. none, 3.155, 3.135, 2.897, none, 3.018, none, none, none, none, first day I felt strong enough to exercise and did 55 minutes on treadmill, 58 minutes on treadmill. I found that if I put a movie in my little DVD player and put on headphones to hear it I didn't get as bored. I was happy that I stayed strong and found that it wasn't hard to walk that long.
Have some photos to post but I may do that tomorrow.
Oh I saw a piece on 60 Minutes about the Israel/Palestinian situation and it doesn't look good. So much horror and trouble on both sides.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Hi Sis. I am sorry about the cedar problem; I wouldn't like that at all.