Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Still Struggling

It's been a long while since I've posted anything here. Still struggling with the loss of my mom and it's been over a year now since she left us. I guess the years of care giving have made it harder because taking care of her was my purpose in life and suddenly it was taken away from me. I love my family and they have made it possible for me t function as normal as possible through all that has transpired in the past few years. I feel for all those people who are having to go through the same thing that we went through. All I I can tell them is that it too shall pass.
We have done a few fun things, like go to movies, take a short trip to Shreveport to gamble a bit, etc. I want to go to the gulf but so far we having worked out a time to get there.
I've tried to get back to painting and writing but so far it's been a no go there. I have started reading again, thanks Stephen King for being so prolific and writing novels and short stories that take me away to other places. Looking at social sites like FB have taken my mind off things from time to time but quite often I find that we wade through many posts that are the same due to all the sharing that goes on. Still, it's been a way to keep up with people who don't use snail mail or make phone calls.
Not much else to say right now but hopefully I will get up to speed again and get on with life.

No comments: