Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lazy Hot Day

A hot Saturday but it's nice and cool in the house so yes I'm staying inside. Did I mention I hate summer time? ;-)

My mom is sleeping. Once again I've talked to the doctor (I think he's going to disown me as a patient or a caregiver) about my mom's meds. I truly don't like how the anti-psychotics affect her, any of them, but I do want something to calm her down when she's really upset. They prescribed a med just for that and it's to take as needed. A couple of days ago she thought someone was coming to kill her and we should call the police and then she didn't eat her food but said she had put something in it to make the people sick and for us not to eat it. We just roll with the flow with these delusions. I just don't like to see her upset and it worries me. The next day she usually doesn't remember them but last night she asked if I was her daughter and who was the man she saw in the hall...he was my husband. It was late in the afternoon though so I think it was a bit of the sun-downing effect..

The fingers on my right hand are still numb and the muscles in my arm were jumping. Guess I'll find out Monday what's going on with the nerves in my neck.

Did enjoy most of the season finales. NCIS writers are bat rastards for leaving us to worry about the fate of Ducky lying alone on the beach. Sigh. I think the last scene in NCIS:LA was a set up to get the bad guy. No way would G shoot a man in cold blood, at least not in front of thousands of people watchin it on TV.  I really like The Mentalist but I'm sick of the Red John villain and want him gone, gone, gone. Thought it was funny that Hawaii 5 0 and Grimm had the heroes end the show with the same word, "Mom". Once Upon A Time was great and we can look forward to all manner of magic in the next season. Person of Interest and CSI were good too. Now for a summer filled with mostly crap but I do enjoy So You Think You Can Dance and The Closer. Since The Closer starts in July and runs six weeks we can then enjoy football that starts in August!

That's about all for today. Hopefully Ill have something to write about my nerve problem in a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do not be afraid - the gentleman who plays Ducky signed another contract for two more years!

Matuse said...

Thanks! You've made my summer a little less sad. :-) I really like the character of Ducky and thought if the actor was leaving the series that his alter ego deserved a better send off than dying alone.