Saturday, March 7, 2009

Getting walking patterns back

Found this interesting: "There's a spike of 5% in heart attacks during the first week of daylight saving time, according to another study published last year. The loss of an hour's sleep may make people more susceptible to an attack, some experts say. When daylight saving time ends in the fall, heart attacks briefly become less frequent than usual." I hate DST because I'm an early to bed and semi-early to rise person and having daylight until almost 10pm and sunlight streaming in your window when you're still trying to sleep is most annoying. Also I hate losing an hour of sleep which made a big difference when we were working and not so much now.
I've been doing 5K every day this week on my walks and not having any ill effects from doing so. Haven't gone in a used my Internet distance measuring tool because I pretty well know the distances my usual routes are now. My speed hasn't increased any but that's just me. I think my spirit guide must be a turtle. ;-)

1 comment:

Evie said...

All the more reason to do away with daylight savings time! And great work on the walking. Turtle is a very distinguished and revered spirit guide, too!