Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I took a video with my phone this morning. It's not very clear but I think you can see a bit of the mist coming off the river. The commentary got cut short too, I was saying that the Hike and Bike trail was almost deserted. Only a handful of runners, all male, and three others, one female and two males, walking their dogs. It was cold and sort of misty but very nice. I did 2 miles in the mall yesterday because we needed to do a little shopping and it was 26 degrees outside with a good wind. This morning not quite as cold and almost no wind and I did 2.507 miles.
Things that make me go hummmm. They call children born to parents of two different races half-breeds like it's a bad thing when the best of both people make up a brilliant person...like Pres. Elect Obama or our very own grandson. But they call a car that has the best of two different types of fuel...(to put it simply) a hybrid meaning it's a better version of the original. Why is that? Why not call people who have the best of each parent a 'hybrid' and not a 'half-breed'?

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Actually the term hybrid is used for certain types of animals (e. g., geese; here we have some Canadian geese and snow geese that have interbred)