Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday blogging

I'm blogging because while I like football I can't deal with watching 15 games at a time...Frank is enjoying the Bama game so far (I can tell by the mutterings or comments coming from the bedroom how they are doing)and about 14 other games on cable. Texas plays later on tonight.
Walking stats 10-13-08 to 10-17-08: 2.879 on Monday, 2.678 on Tuesday which was good because it was one of those days that I had to talk myself into getting out of bed and go for my walk. Sometimes I get cranky and balk at the idea of any kind of exercise. Wednesday dawned cool and crisp and I jogged the length of a football field and then a whole 1/4 mile! Wound up with 3.817 miles. 3.681 on Thursday and 3.345 on Friday.
Early voting starts on Monday and I don't know if we'll be there bright and early or wait until after 9 when most people will be at work. We'll have to play things by ear. I will be so happy for November 4th to roll around so we can be rid of this bickering and down right nasty stuff going on.
My brother was trying to figure out the appeal of Sarah Palin to some women who backed Hillary. I can't speak for the women who actually like Sarah P because I didn't back Hillary just because she was a woman but because I liked her. She's someone I would like to be friends with, Sarah P is not. Also Hillary has worked many, many years for the causes of women and children and I find that admirable. I liked and admired Elenor Roosevelt, Ann Richards and Barbara Jordan too. Barbara and Elenore were to me intellectuals who understood the problems of the average person. Ann with her loud laugh and big hair and quick wit represented Texas well. I don't know what you would make of my choices but they are a few of the ladies I admire.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Here is what I liked best about Hillary Clinton.

Yes, this video was posted by wingnuts who didn't understand the point that she was making. But I found her explanation to be what I'd expect from a leader.