Sunday, October 12, 2008

I must be a Bi-Weekly Blogger

Another two weeks have gone by and here I am playing blog catch-up again. I mean it's not like I have a lot of stuff that has to be done that keeps me from blogging more so I guess it's just that I'm lazy or a bi-weekly sort of blogger. ;-)
Walking Stats first. September 28 thru October 12, 2008. Sunday no walk, then Monday through Friday I did 2.891, 4.106, 3.577, 3.521, 2.824. I found that if I only walk 5 days a week and keep the distance 4 miles or under that my hips don't get sore. Guess this 64 year old body knows itself better than I do. ;-) Saturday and Sunday no walking. Monday to Friday went as follows: 2.687, 3.461, 2.891, 2.867, 2.518. Saturday and Sunday no walking. The mornings have been much cooler which makes walking a lot easier. I barely get the neck of my t-shirt wet with sweat now which is a pleasant thing for me. The first week in October I suffered (and I still am a little) from a female infection plus my pesky, painful cold sores. Went to the doctor and he gave me one little pill for the infection and an orabase product for the cold sore. Both have helped. The pill cost me 7o cents instead of 12 dollars and the orabase 1.29 cents instead of 30 something dollars. Frank got the best deal on his prescription though because instead of paying 111.00 dollars and some change, he paid 0 dollars! Between his Blue/Cross and Blue Shield pharmacy plan and the TriCare for Life plan they covered the entire bill. Pretty cool. This will last until next July when (hopefully) I'll turn 65 and go on Medicare. Then I'll be on the same plan as he is without the BC plan. This will save us money but I will say that we've been very fortunate to be able to pay for and keep our BC plan all these years.
We had a visit from some Democratic Party workers today and they left us a Rick Noriega bumper sticker and button and they are bringing us a Vote Straight Democratic yard sign on Tuesday. I am signing up for a stint to hold signs for visibility when early voting starts here in Texas on October 20 and runs until October 31. You can vote at any voting station during the early voting time period so vote early if you can and when you do go vote take your Driver's License or Voter's Registration Card with you. You can find other types of identification you can use on RockTheVote.Org. You might want to check out my brother's blog for a glimpse into one of Senator McCain's rallies. It is an interesting read and you might be surprised at what you read as well as enjoying it.
Evie had an art show this past Saturday and did very well. Her theme was Dias De Los Muertos or Day of the Dead. She had a great crowd and she also sold one of her paintings for 225.00 dollars! She sold other pieces as well. You can check out that painting, which is the last one in the art gallery album and the rest of her art work here.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Frank has to be enjoying Alabama's and UT's football season. :-)