Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blogging should be fun stuff not work stuff!

Walking stats:
8-3-08 None
8-4-08 did 3.051
8-5-08 walked 3.536
8-6-08 2.840 miles
8-7-08 3.361
8-8-08 2.984
8-9-08 no walk
8-10-08 2.868
8-11-08 just short walks around the clinic when Frank was getting tested.

Update: Frank had his PET Scan this morning. It took almost 3 hours. He said he was put in a radiation safe room and injected with a mixture. He had taken a book of the comic strip Pearls Before Swine to read but they told he could not read things that made him laugh...did something to the body chemistry. The day before he had to stop eating carbs and sugars which also does something to impeded the testing. Those pesky positrons are sensitive.
On my walk this morning I saw a lot of people on the hike and bike trail and about a dozen sculls out on Lady Bird Lake. The rowing club was out in force but most of them looked like weekend worriers. It's great that they are working out but rowing when you're not in shape can be a bad thing. A few things were odd though. Not many people out on the roadways biking or running. Barton Spings Road is usually bustling with acitivity on the weekends but not so today, and not many cars on the road either. Perhaps people are home watching the Olympic games.

I think Hillary needs to run for something again. I lost three pounds while working for her campaign but since then I have lost not one single pound. She was good for my waist line. ;-)

Saw Dallas play the first quarter last night and while they lost the game the first string looked like they were in good shape. I've also been enjoying the Olympic games. Our teams seem to be struggling a bit but as other countries get better our teams have to step things up a bit. The men's swim team is awesome, the women not so much. On the beach volleyball side it's the women who are very good and the men not so doing so well. It'll be fun and interesting for me to watch people do the things I don't have the talent or work ethic to do. Update: The men's relay swim team were fantastic last night. They broke a world record by 4 seconds which is huge. Also Hoff of the women's team just missed out on a gold by less than a second but I'm sure she'll be happy with the silver and will win a gold before it's all over.
I don't know if the link shown below works well but it's on YouTube and I'm sure you can find it. If you know the Rick Astley song you'll have a laugh and be amazed at how well it's connected to the song. Oh, and Senator Obama even dances like Rick Astley. ;-)

3 comments:

Harriet said...

The video works.

I've updated my google reader to this site (and I still have the old one)

Evie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Evie said...

The new site is looking good! And the video is awesome. I don't know where people find the time... XOX - E.