Saturday, September 3, 2016

Doesn't feel like September

It's September and while our temps range from the 90's for highs and the high 70's for lows and doesn't feel very fall like, at least it's not in the 100's anymore.
Went to the doctor and my tests came out pretty good. The only troublesome result showed that I'm still on the cusp for diabetes. Bummer. I watch what I eat and even got a new tread mill and use it at least 5 minutes every hour from 7am to 7pm...for the most part. Sometimes I walk 15 minutes. I have a Fitbit so I can't fudge the numbers. Most days I reach my goal but when I don't I just resolve to do better. I've been getting nosebleeds as of late, had abut 5 of them so far, so my regular doctor is sending me to an ear, nose, and throat MD to hopefully see what's up.
The election is dragging on and on and on and on. The media which used to be made up of journalist has now become 'reality television' with screaming and yelling and mostly just reporting what they think has happened instead of the facts of what happened in any given story. Sad, sad. I don't know how things will turn out but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't have a Brexit situation here when the dust settles.
We had a nice though quick visit with Cyndi. She moved away and came to pick up the rest of her things. Was lovely seeing her. Thank goodness for Hangouts, at least we can see her when she calls.
College football has started so my husband is happy about that. Not a lot of games in a short amount of time compared to baseball and basketball season but it's his favorite sport to watch.
Go Longhorns!
Roll Tide!

No comments: