Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sometimes not sleeping

Sitting here at 1:22 AM listening to my mom talk nonsense in her bedroom. Was awakened by her about an hour ago. She was walking up and down the hallway talking gibberish and I got her back in in bed and she quietened down for a while. Now she's talking again. Don't know why some nights she doesn't sleep and meds have almost no effect on her. A pill that would knock me out for a few hours rolls of her like water off a ducks back. I don't know what phase of her disease she is in. She saw the doctor a week ago and her blood work was fine except for low vitamin D. She is losing more cognitive skills though. He prescribed an patch for her to wear but she pulls them off and we find them stuck to various things around the house. No help there. This disease is brutal and sometimes I find myself praying that God will take her and then crying because I don't want to lose my mother. What a sad mess. I wonder how many other care givers around the globe are feeling the same way tonight and every night.

No comments: