Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Mussings

My walking routine has been more pleasant since the temperatures have dropped to a more comfortable level. I did 4 miles yesterday and 3 and a half today. At the park this morning while I was getting a drink of water I suddenly found myself surrounded by several young men dressed in running shorts and shoes. They all looked fit and were friendly. I walked a short distance away from the group and was going to take a photo but alas I was too slow and they all took off again after they had completed their water break. An older man dressed in shorts and a burnt orange windbreaker was shouting at them to move it. Perhaps they were distance runners for the Texas Longhorns since the coach was wearing Texas Longhorn colors.
Lots of flowers have popped up since the heavy rain we had a couple of days ago and our area is starting to look like Austin again.
I had one of my check ups and my blood work numbers were pretty good except for some border line blood sugar and kidney numbers. The doc wants me to go back in three months and have them repeated. Still not diabetic which is great and he said that he was pleased by my holding the line against diabetes because he himself had no patients 65 or over that had high blood pressure and high cholesterol that were not diabetic except for me. He reiterated that my walking 5 days a week was a big factor in my fighting off diabetes. Me weight was the same as the last time which is okay although I would be happier if I had lost a few pounds. I also had a bone density test and that came out normal so no osteoporosis. Yea!

No comments: